Monday, November 23, 2009

Going Going Gone! - MyWorld Tuesday

It makes me sad when a family farm disappears. The youngest generation does not see the value of the hard work and long hours of their ancestors. They don't appear to care that their heritage is dismantled and sold to strangers. It's sad to see the buildings falling down, and even worse to see antique family photos sold for their antique frame. We stopped by such a sale this weekend - and decided to document the buildings - before they disappeared. I'll share a couple more photos with you later. Remember to celebrate Thanksgiving this week - we have a lot to be thankful for.


This picture was difficult for me - because I wanted all the lines to be straight. But in reality either the window or the siding had to be straight not both - unless I wanted to tamper with reality. In fact this building was sagging in all 4 directions and nothing was straight. It happens!

For more MyWorld Tuesday photos from around the world click here.

16 comments:

  1. Very touching how the leaves have almost all fallen off the little trees also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad to see farms fall apart, I agree. Here in many cases it costs too much to run the family farm. Conglomerates are spoiling it for the young who would like to carry on as farmers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always sad to see history go. I liked how your picture portrayed that sadness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is sad - the buildings, the family history, the roots and connections. And your picture speaks of all that.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot resist photographing old buildings...yet they make me sad to the very core of my heart.

    I love those few red leaves in this one....just a little sign of some sort of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think this happens everywhere, children want something else. Beautiful picture says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is kind of sad to see the farms and farmland being sold. Great post and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Certainly I see a lot of run down farms in rural Minnesota, they do seem to project a rather sad feeling. I agree with your opinion on the younger generation not fully understanding or being in tune with the past. Very true. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we could all just slow down and enjoy the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You caught a sad reality. Good capture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only the walls and windows could talk... I wonder what wonderful tales they would tell.
    Splendid photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate this profound post - the American family is changing (has changed). That's sad to me.

    I really like your great photography. Thanks for stopping by Monastery Daily Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photo is just perfect, yet it tells a very sad story. Wish someone in the family could save the memories even some old photographs.

    I always count my blessings living in this country. There is so much to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed - due to spam on my blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.