Monday, January 25, 2010

My Town - MyWorld

I couldn't wait for this weekend. It was going to be the "First Annual Ice Festival" in downtown Tecumseh. 17 ice sculptures and a snowman contest. But the city planners forgot to consult with mother nature - ordinarily a break in the winter weather is a great thing. Instead we get above freezing temps and RAIN when we really wanted to have it freezing. I guess you can't win...

This shot was taken just before sunrise, standing in the middle of the street, pouring down rain. Handheld with a flash. I had to use a noise reducing software to get it to this point. I liked the colors of the Christmas lights and street lights reflecting in the water on the street.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for stopping by.

For more MyWorld pictures from around the world click here.

17 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty picture. I, too, like the colorful reflections in the water on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful shot - I like the watery reflections. I pity though that you didn't get snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous colors and reflections -- guess the rain was good for something at least! Sorry you didn't get the snow, though! Great shot anyway! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this picture! the lights, the reflection..awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible photo! Seems like it's guaranteed to be warm during ice festivals, i.e.,Plymouth and Rochester...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no - now I feel guilty for enjoying the warmer weather and exulting in the rain! Even if it wasn't what you intended, this is a fabulous photo. The colors are intense but well balance, and the whole effect gives a sort of dream-like feel to both the original and the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such ashame about the weather, but it did make for a great shot. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot. I love the colours and reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shot - yes, you have to use flash when photographing snow at night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully colourful creative shot. We're having a blizzard in My Muskoka , on top of a major melt yesterday.

    Our lake is frozen, with a pond on top! Freeze-up tonight though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is WONDERFUL WONDERFUL photo. The little specs of snow is what did it for me. It would have been a beautiful photo without them, but with them it is magic! Outstanding!
    If I saw a post card light that, I would buy it!
    I keep wanting to go and look at it once more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to enlarge this...wasn't sure if it was a real photo. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about the festival, but the photo turned out great! I love that the flash accentuates the raindrops.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed - due to spam on my blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.