Thursday, January 14, 2010

This Ol' Tree - SkyWatch Friday

This is my SkyWatch Friday post for the week. Therefore, this picture is about the sky and the tree. I like the texture and color of both. The house is in the picture to add scale to the very tall tree. I believe this house was built some time in the mid 1800's which would lead me to think that perhaps this tree was planted around the same time. There are a number of farm houses on this road with similar architecture. This appears to be a multi generation house. During the summer there is a produce stand on this corner, and many people get a chance to stop and admire the house, while picking out their fresh home grown vegetables.

For more SkyWatch pictures from photographers around the world click here.

25 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful, tree, sky and the shot!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a fan of old houses, so that's where my eye went to first. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic capture, Gwendolyn! Beautiful skies, lovely old tree and house! Terrific! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great capture. Love the composition

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wonderful photo makes me think of "Gone with the wind" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohoi!! what a big big tree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that sort of scudding of clouds over the sky. Shows that there is a lot of wind at work in the upper atmosphere. Creates a wonderful effect for those of us down below.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Winter sky in this shot.
    Good capture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this pic, it should be on the front cover of a novel.

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic clouds...wonderful! Good capture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice shot, the green tree against the white house. Thanks for sharing and for your kind comments in my blog. Have a nice SWF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great composition for the picture. I love the whitness of the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a grand old tree standing firm in the snow and holding up the sky all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a greand old tree standing firm in the snow and holding up the sky all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sure is a tall tall tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great capture and that sure is tall tree . I noticed that the other trees are bare and its so amazing to see that tree with leaves. Cloud formation is fantastic too.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shot of the tree into horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful post - it looks like a postcard!
    Gena @ thinking aloud
    South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shot! I love old trees and old houses, and these are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wonder what the people who built the house would think of it now!? I love the photo, and the angle you chose, with the tree right in the middle of the house!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed - due to spam on my blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.