Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Tribute to My Dad

I came across this tree while walking in a snow storm last week. It caught my attention because of it's unique structure. I got to thinkin'...... trees are dependable, they are always doing their job, no matter the weather - good or bad - they do their job - you can count on them to always be there. They are dependable. They drink water to prevent flooding, they give shade, they provide homes for the birds in their branches, they provide protection from the weather and seeds for the next generation to carry on.

This week we laid to rest my father - my mother's husband of 69 years. He too was always there, he was dependable. He helped each of us get thru many storms in our lives. He gave us protection when we needed it. He gave us nourishment for both our bodies and our minds. He encouraged us to take on the challenges that would stretch us to the limits, knowing we would be stronger because of it. He taught each of us to honor and respect. His life will continue to influence the generations to come. We'll miss him....but we know he is in a better place and he will continue to watch over us. Till we meet again....

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Gwen. I know how it is to lose a father. My father passed away 6 years ago. I miss him. This post was a lovely tribute to your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is the tree but your beautiful words are a fine tribute to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo and wonderful tribute to your father! He is honored! And you are blessed to have known and been loved by such a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed - due to spam on my blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.