Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day - MyWorld

Please take the time to remember those who have given part or all of their life so that we can live in this free country with many freedoms that we often take for granted.


I wanted to share this photo with you. We found this mural in Bucyrus, Ohio. What is amazing is that the mural was painted on the side of a building. It is a flat one dimensional painting. It is so real, that when I was standing 3 feet away from it, I had to actually touch the wall to convince my brain that it wasn't dimensional. You can learn more about this mural and about the artist by following this link. Have a safe and meaningful holiday.

For more MyWorld photos follow this link.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a fantastic mural and a great shot of it. What a fitting tribute for Memorial Day.

    Darryl and Ruth : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive. I thought it was statue before I read it was a mural.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing -- that it was a statue! Incredible! Thanks for sharing such a great mural for the day! Hope the rest of your week goes well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i thought it's a 3D statue. amazing artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed - due to spam on my blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.