Thursday, June 24, 2010

Down Memory Lane

In 1957 while on a family vacation in the Shenandoah Valley in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, dad took this photo of us kids. This picture was in his wallet when he passed away this spring. Apparently he carried it with him for all those years. Thanks to my sister, who discovered this picture and took the time to share the story.
Of course it showed it's age - I had to do some repairs - fix the crease, reconstruct a border and remove some scratches to get to what you see here.

Post Processing: PS5 contrast and content aware fill.

3 comments:

  1. You did an excellent job repairing the photograph! I would think your father remembered that vacation with fond memories, as he carried the picture for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can tell from my blog, I like this kind of picture. It has a special meaning for people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a loving father he must have been, so sorry you have lost him.
    Great job on reconstructing the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed - due to spam on my blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.