Saturday, August 6, 2011

Flashback in Time - MyWorld


Rail transport is a means of conveyance of passengers and goods. In the good ol' days railways were very important to small agriculture based towns and often towns were built around a rail way.  This building is still standing and reminds me of how times have changed.  No longer needed - trains pass it by.  I remember this building because it was across the road from the mill where we took our corn to be ground into cattle feed.  
For more MyWorld photos click here.

4 comments:

  1. Did you do some post processing to that? It looks almost like a painting when I blow it up. Trains are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love trains and this small station reminds me of one from my childhood! Delightful capture and post for the day, Gwendolyn! Enjoy your week!


    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother lived near a railroad that carried coal from the Lackawanna mines in Pennsylvania. As a child when I visited her I love to wave to the train engineer as the train passed by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely composition. desolate and sad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are closed - due to spam on my blog.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.